Bed bugs are small, blood-sucking insects that can cause discomfort and even serious health problems when they invade homes. Though bed bugs have been around for centuries, their popularity as a pest has recently surged because of the growing use of hotels and other lodging facilities. They are usually found in large numbers and they multiply rapidly. Getting rid of bed bugs is not easy as they are very small and dangerous. Professional Pest Control Adelaide are the best option to get rid of these bed bugs as they have the latest technology tools and techniques. Read the blog carefully to get to know more ways how to get rid of bed bugs from your house.
If you find bed bugs in your home, it is important to identify them and take the appropriate action. There are a few signs that bed bugs are present: they are small, reddish-brown, and have oval-shaped openings on their backs. Bed bugs can also leave blood smears when they feed.
Two tips to help you keep your home free of bedbugs in initial days:
1) Check all furniture and surfaces for signs of bed bug infestation—these pests often hide in seams or cracks in furniture, behind pictures or paintings, or inside electrical outlets and switches.
2) Clean any item that you plan to bring into the house onsite before bringing it inside—this includes clothing worn during travel buttons down suitcases etc.
Some Ideal Steps For Homeowners To Keep Bed Bugs Away:
- Identifying Early Signs Of Bed Bugs- Even though bed bugs are tiny insects that are found in almost every corner of the house. Identifying a bed bug can be difficult at times as it cannot be spotted easily. Some signs will help you to identify the presence of bed bugs such as itchy skin and rashes, and furniture getting damaged.
- Sealing The Cracks And Holes In The House- There are many entry points for the entry of bed bugs. Bed bugs generally enter the house from the hole and the cracks and sometimes from the ceilings. You can use certain products to seal them or hire experts to do this job.
- Keep A Check On Your Pets- Pets usually carry a lot of bed bugs. They are the main carriers of bed bugs and other small insects. Keep a regular check on the pets, always get them well-groomed and bathe them with shampoo.
- Cover The Mattress- Mattresses are expensive and they can attract a lot of insects because we eat a lot of things on the mattress. Sometimes insects such as bed bugs enter deep into the mattress which later causes many problems. Always cover your mattress with safety covers to avoid the entry of all kinds of pests.
- Regular Inspection Is The Key – Always inspect the furniture regularly to avoid the accumulation of pests on it. You can even hire professionals to do this work regularly. There are many ways to inspect the furniture, experts can help in better inspection of the furniture.
- Beware Of Public Places- We usually carry many pests from public places. We should always be extra careful in public places and not carry any bed bugs to our house. Sometimes our pets can also carry bed bugs from public places to our homes. Always check them after coming home.
- Be Cautious While Travelling- While travelling we go to many places where bed bugs might already have accumulated. There are many hotels that might not be as clean and tidy as they seem to be. Hotel rooms might have a lot of bed bugs in them. We should also make sure to be aware of places that are non-hygienic such as public washrooms and restaurants and several other places. To avoid these bed bugs you should keep your luggage away from walls and as soon as coming home straight away give your clothes for laundry.
- Learn How To Identify The Bed Bugs- All small, round and red insects are not bedbugs. One must understand the difference between bed bugs and other insects before trying to get rid of them. One way to identify the bed bugs is by their bites. Bed bugs usually bite on hands, neck, face and arms, these are the areas targeted by the bed bugs. The bite of a bed bug might result in rashes and itchiness. Bed bugs are usually found in dark rooms or hidden areas as they like warm places. Bed bugs have a round oval-shaped body with legs tucked underneath them.
Facts about bed bugs that you don’t know
- Bed bugs are small, dark insects that feed on human blood. They can be found in all parts of the world and thrive in warm, moist environments. Bed bugs can live for up to six months without feeding and often hide during the day under furniture or other objects where they won’t be noticed. They have a characteristic flat body with wings that enable them to fly short distances. Adult bed bugs are about half an inch long and reddish-brown.
- Bed bugs, otherwise known as Cimicidae, are tiny six-legged insects that feed primarily on human blood. They are reddish-brown and measure about 0.5 inches long. Bed bugs are known to spread through the exchange of objects, clothing, or bodily fluids, as well as through direct contact with an infected person or their blood.
- Bed bugs can live for up to a year without feeding, but will typically feed once a month during the peak season.
- There is no cure for bed bugs, but treatment is available that can include pesticides, vacuum cleaning, and heat treatment. Bed bugs are not considered dangerous to humans but can cause significant economic damage if left untreated.
- If you’re ever concerned about bed bugs, it’s important to be aware of the facts about these pests. While there is no cure available, treatment options are available that can help prevent bed bugs from spreading and causing significant damage.
Some more tips to keep your home free of bed bugs include:
- Using a bed bug repellent
- Picking up debris and putting it in the garbage
- Putting bedbugs in a sealing plastic bag and throwing it away
- Vacuuming and cleaning areas where bed bugs might be hiding
- Washing clothes in hot water and vinegar
- Laundering bedding in hot water
- Sealant to stop bed bugs from entering cracks
- Using a bed bug monitor
Finally, it is important to clean up any infected areas after you have eliminated the bed bugs. This includes cleaning everything in the area, cleaning the mattress and box springs, and washing the furniture. It is important to use a holistic approach to cleaning because it will prevent another infestation from taking place.
Always Hire Experts- Call Experts Now
There are a few things you can do to keep your home free of bed bugs, and using a bed bug repellent is the best way to prevent them from coming back. Picking up debris and putting it in the garbage is also a good way to prevent bed bugs from returning. Bed bug treatment is a difficult job and getting them out of your house is important. Always take experts’ help to get rid of bed bugs. They will use the best tools and techniques to get rid of such bed bugs. Make sure to choose from the best experts to get proper pest control services.