For maintaining maximum efficiency of the HVAC System and perfect indoor air quality, it is very crucial that your ducts should be cleaned properly. It is because the impurities present inside the air recirculate every time through air ducts and indoor air gets more and more polluted. Duct Cleaning cleans each and every part of the heating and cooling system so that when polluted air goes inside it, you will get fresh and pure air outside.
Different Methods Of Air Duct Cleaning
There are many changes that occur in the number of years in the standards and technology. These technological advancements have changed the way of living. The different methods which improve the safety and quality of air duct cleaning processes are:
- Steam Air Cleaning Method
In this method, the first vacuum is applied, and high temperature and pressure are applied over it. The debris present in the walls of the air ducts agitated due to the presence of high pressure and temperature. This causes the removal of all the dirt and debris.
- Point of contact air duct cleaning
This method involves the use of a HEPA-filtered vacuum cleaner which works on the principle of the velocity of air being drawn. This device filtered the dust and debris and cleaned the device with the help of an agitator present in this device. This is the safest and most effective method for duct cleaning.
- Truck Mounted Vacuum cleaning
It works on the principle of the volume of air being drawn. It is powered through the PTO shaft of an operating vehicle. It blows air between 10,000 to 15,000 cubic feet of air per minute. A ventilation system is drawn into the vacuum and inserted air goes into the Rotary Brushes which agitate debris to the collection point.
What Is The Best Air Duct Cleaning Method?
We talked about the different methods of duct cleaning. But if you talk about the best method of duct cleaning, then this method begins with a thorough inspection. This involves a visual inspection of all spans of ductwork takes place and the following observations are made:
- Signs of wear and tear on HVAC components caused by dust infiltration.
- Layers of dust and dirt adhere to interior duct surfaces.
- Signs of moisture damage or water contamination from condensation.
- Dirty filters and other maintenance issues.
- Insect infestation
- Evidence of mould growth in the ducts.
After inspection, a written report is prepared.
Four steps make the complete indoor air duct cleaning process which is described below:
- Access: First the access plates and other duct components are removed. Where access points are not present, holes are cut and closed, and sealed after the process is finished.
- Contaminant loosening: The cleaning process starts with agitation with the help of a powered soft bristle brush. This causes the loosening of the accumulations inside the ducts.
- Negative pressurisation: A truck-mounted vacuum cleaner is used in which negative air pressure is induced in the ducts with the help of which dust and dirt are removed.
- Removal: The Medical grade HEPA filters are used after the removal of contaminants by applying a vacuum. These removed contaminants are exhausted through HEPA filters which are then sealed in the bags and disposed of safely.
All the removed components are then reinstalled and new air filters are installed and the system is restarted. At the last, the system is checked for proper airflow.
Dirty ducts may cause health issues and completely damage the quality of air inside your room. Through the air ducts of your heating and cooling HVAC system inside your room, air circulates inside the whole room and accumulates dust and debris. There are different types of methods for the removal of this dust and debris like source removal, truck-mounted air removal process, steam air duct cleaning, point of contact duct cleaning methods, etc. But if you want to know what is the best air duct cleaning method?So the best method for cleaning your air ducts is Truck Mounted Vacuum Cleaning, and it’s crucial to keep in mind the environmental impact of clean ducts. It is a step-by-step process that involves inspection, access, contaminant loosening, negative pressurization, and removal. Many DIY methods are used for the instant removal or cleaning of ducts. But these methods are not tested and effective. In the end, you must have got the point that it is safe to trust a professional for duct cleaning.